The Kilombero Valley Teak Company Ltd. (KVTC) is a forestry company located in the Kilombero and Ulanga Districts of the Morogoro Region. The Company manages teak plantations and natural woodlands and processes timber in a factory located in the Ulanga District.
KVTC currently has a vacancy for an: KVTC currently has a vacancy for a: PLANNING MANAGER (PM)
The PM’s overall objective is to provide the company with detailed maps and manage data on its forestry and conservation activities within KVTC’s landholding. The PM administrates the research and development programs of KVTC’s forestry assets in close collaboration with external advisors and researchers.
The PM will perform regular monitoring and reporting of numerous growth and operational progress indicators through field surveys. The PM will assist the company in resource planning and drawing up long term harvesting and thinning plans. The PM will lead the teams conducting enumeration, thinning marking and thinning control to ensure that plantation growth is actively monitored (through plantation management software) and optimised.
The PM will be required to work closely together with the company’s external advisor(s) in order to achieve the long-term Research and Development Goals.
Further to the forest management activities the PM is responsible to implement the company’s FSC Controlled Wood and Chain of Custody program and maintain certification.
• Tertiary Degree in Forestry or related courses or extensive working experience in a resource orientated environment
• 3-5 years of experience in a commercial agricultural or forestry company in a mapping and planning orientated role
• An understanding of statistics and proven ability to implement trials, compile and analyse data and present in report format to management
• Experience with FSC Certification systems
• Experience working with GIS Programs (ArcView or similar) and Resource/Forestry Management Software (in particular MicroForest)
• Computer literate
• Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
• Strong personality and good communicator that likes to work in a team but can function with minimum guidance
• This position is based in a remote and rural part of Tanzania and entails extensive field work. Less than 50% of working hours is spent in the office.
• Only applicants willing to work under these demanding conditions normal to this type of environment should apply.
If you meet the requirements of the position above, please submit your application letter, CV and copies of references and certificates to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kilombero Valley Teak Company
P.O. Box 12452
Dar es Salaam
Or via email to: email@example.com
Only short listed applicants will be invited for interviews.
Deadline for submission is 15th of September 2017